When I start organizing my visit to a foreign city, one of the things that interests me the most is the transfer from the airport to the hotel. So, searching for transportation shortly before our trip to Barcelona, I found an easy and very quick way to get from the airport to the city center and of course vice versa. There is always the choice of taxi or train but I can assure you that Aerobus is the fastest and most specialized way to get from the airport to the city center! Below you will also find a cheap transfer from Girona Airport.
From El Prat airport to the city with Aerobus
Aerobus is an official shuttle bus service for transporting passengers to and from El Prat Airport (both terminals 1 and 2 at Barcelona El Prat Airport). It is very fast and it takes only 35 minutes to get to the city center after only 3 stops. Another advantage of the Aerobus is that it leaves every 5 or 10 minutes every day of the year (including Sundays and holidays with the same schedule)!
It is comfortable and has a special luggage compartment inside as well as free wifi and some vehicles even have a usb charger. The buses are adapted for persons with reduced mobility (PRM). Baby strollers and wheelchairs are accepted. Each bus features a video surveillance system and during the trip you can enjoy the GO TV channel with practical information about Barcelona. Pets are allowed as long as they are in boxes or cages of appropriate sizes and do not bother other passengers (guide dogs are allowed).
Its price is 5.90 for a one-way ticket or 10.20 for a round trip ticket. Children under 4 years of age travel for free.
You can get on the bus outside Terminal 1 or Terminal 2 at Barcelona’s airport. You can easily follow the bus signs in the airport to find the Aerobus. As soon as you get out of the airport, it is very easy to get there. You can show the voucher in print or on your smartphone and they will exchange it with a ticket just before boarding. We didn’t wait at all and boarded right after our arrival. The windows were very clean so we could get a taste of the city taking pictures.
- On the way to Pl. Catalunya, the bus stops at Pl. Espanya, Gran Vía-Urgell and Pl. Universitat
- On the way to the airport, the bus stops at Sepúlveda-Urgell and Pl. Espanya
Το see the route click here
Aerobus – Schedule
Line A1 – Terminal 1
From Pl. Catalunya to Airport T1
- From 05:00 to 06:40: every 10 min
- From 06:50 to 21:45: every 5 min
- From 21:50 to 00:30: every 10 min
From Airport T1 to Pl. Catalunya
- From 05:35 to 07:20: every 10 min
- From 07:30 to 22:20: every 5 min
- From 22:25 to 01:05: every 10 min
Line A2 – Terminal 2
From Pl. Catalunya to Airport T2
- From 05:00 to 00:30: every 10 min
From Airport T2 to Pl. Catalunya
- From 05:35 to 01:00: every 10 min
Aerobus has 3 central stops where you can walk on foot if your accommodation is nearby. Alternatively you can take a taxi or even better metro.
Buy your aerobus tickets online
We recommend buying your tickets in advance. You can choose to have a one-way or round-way ticket.
Book your ticket online from our partner travel platforms, avoiding the last-minute headache. Upon boarding (you will exchange the voucher for the ticket) and get a map of the city and saving vouchers (free Barcelona map with great discounts on attractions, restaurants and museums)
Book you tickets here from tiqets.com
Book your tickets here from Get Your Guide:
Bus Transport from Girona Airport to Barcelona City
If your flight arrives at Girona Airport then things are different. In this case you can use the luxury airconditioned and comfortable bus, with free Wi-Fi, that will take you to Barcelona in 1 hour.
Please check the timetable here!
Advantages to book online
- Reserved seat in the bus. Customers with tickets always get priority above customers without tickets which means you have a guaranteed seat. The bus company has special seats reserved for customers with tickets so the bus will never be full when you order your ticket online.
- Don´t have to stand in line to purchase a ticket
The ticket costs 16 euro and they are 100% mobile tickets. Children below 4 years do not need a ticket Children older than 4 years need an adult ticket
Barcelona City Pass
I would also recommend an interest pack for your trip. Barcelona city pass is a great choice for your trip to Barcelona especially if you are visiting for the first time in a few days and includes a roundtrip shuttle bus!
- Entrance tickets to the Sagrada Familia with official audioguide
- Entrance tickets to Park Guell
- Two-way ticket for the Aerobus from Barcelona Airport or one way transfer from Gironα
- Airport (includes the Aerobus Help Guide so you can find the Airport Bus easily!)
- 1-day or 2-days tickets for the Hop on Hop off Bus
Buy online you Barcelona City Pass here
If you are not convinced of the benefits of Aerobus and insist on choosing a taxi either because the stops are not convenient or because you arrive at the airport during “difficult” hours, then there is again the option of booking your transfer to and from the airport easily online. and quickly!
Check here the prices and select the car from the table below:
How does it work?
- Schedule your transfer in advance to or from the airport, station or harbor.
- Choose your car type and other options your need for the transfer
- Complete your order and enjoy the trip!
Read more about taxi2airport.com here
Travel within the city
In conclusion, Barcelona has a very good transport system that even a beginner traveler or someone traveling to the city for the first time will not have trouble with public transport at all.
For transfers to the city we recommend using the metro that is fast and modern. Barcelona Hola Card allows you to use public transport with even more convenience. Barcelona gives you free, unlimited access to the transportation networks in the city (metro, buses, trams) and its suburbs. Select between a 48, 72, 96, or 120-hour pass.
Read also on thegreektravelfamily:
Travel to Salzburg, one of the most beautiful cities in Europe